Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Simple Cold/Sore Throat Remedy

It's that time a year again when we all catch colds and end up with sore throats, so I decided to share my remedy with you, this helps me alot more than those little lozenges.

You Will Need
Water
Milk (full fat if possible)
Honey (runny is best)
Powdered ginger

Method

Boil your kettle, then fill a mug half-way with water. Stir in a teaspoon of honey, stir until disolved. Then add milk til full and sprinkle some ginger in and stir.
Enjoy at your leisure.

I got the idea from watching the behind the scenes on The Lord of the Rings, as Andy Serkis would have to drink and hot water, lemon and ginger concoction all day so he could do the Gollum voice.

Ginger is a natural antiseptic which helps treat your throat, so is the honey, though it also soothes your throat the way phlem is supposed to.

I consider this a comfort drink too, warm and milky without caffine makes it great for resting.

I hope this helps your sore throats!

1 comment: