Sunday, October 9, 2011

Weekend Overview #2







Top: Burger and Chips
Bottom: Enchiladas

Hiya, me again. So I guess it's time for another weekend overview. You know it's nearing Christmas when your mother/mother-in-law tries to poison you with sprouts, like everyone else, I dislike sprouts, being a foodie doesn't change this.

Friday


I cooked burgers for dinner, turkey and spring onion, made from scratch.

When I started this cooking run I couldn't handle meat. I was actually very squeamish about it, the raw, slippery flesh. I guess I was still in vegetarian mentality, I'd been vegetarian for over a year and still eating mostly meat-free food. The first meal we did included fresh salmon, which I was hesitantly handling. Fast forward a few months and I have minced turkey and raw egg up to my wrist, as the best way to mix meat is to handle it. I genuinely enjoyed the experience.

So, this is the recipe we used: Thai-style Turkey Burgers

We had to deviate from the recipe as Craig's mom was having them too, and she doesn't like chilli, and we left out the coriander because we couldn't find it in the supermarket.

I made these burgers and had fun doing so, whilst Craig's mom taught us to make chips from scratch. These I didn't eat, as I don't really like potato, actually I loathe it.

These burgers were great with ketchup whilst watching Kickassia on dvd.

Saturday

Ok, I was tired, so we kind of cheated by making Enchiladas using the Old El Paso sauce instead of making my own, and following their instructions religiously. Though next I make Enchiladas, I'm making the sauce myself. I did learn how to make the delicious creamy sauce that's inside the enchilada itself...cheese! Mind. Blown.

Sunday

I'm not cooking today, though we did buy decorate your own pumpkin shaped gingerbread cookies, fun!


Note

I love ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com I can watch it for hours, the character of Dr. Insano is, my favourite I guess, well Spoony too, so for some insane reason I bought Insano goggles (I saw. I wanted. I purchased.)Also, for some reason, just for our own amusement I was wearing them whilst cooking on Friday night, Craig took a photo of me and tweeted Spoony... he ended up retweeting it, that made my day. So I'll leave you with the photo.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment