Sunday, October 2, 2011

Weekend Overview #1





Top: Saturday Night Salad
Middle: Cupcakes
Bottom: Sunday Tea

I would've cooked on Friday night, apart from I was ill, ugh! So, I settled for a slice of Craig's pizza. One day off cooking and he's resorted to junk haha!


Saturday


So on Saturday I decided to bake, I baked 12 vanilla cupcakes with vanilla butter-icing topping covered in sugar stars.
I don't know about you but I love the look of cupcakes. I adore watching Cupcake Wars on the Food Network and I've never made them by myself.
I have all the kit! Silicone cases and an icing bag with an assortment of nozzles. I'm really proud of these! I got the recipe for them from cupcakerecipe.co.uk this is the perfect base recipe that I can eventually experiment with, I already have ideas to use ginger and spice. That recipe cannot go wrong, they're so light and fluffy, truely wonderful.
Though I did run out of butter-icing so I quickly made up some normal white icing.

I'm really confused as to why we have this insane heat in October! So we decided on a simple salad. We had a base of little gem lettuce and cucumber, though Craig had grilled Southern Fried Chicken and mayo whereas I had pickled beetroot.
It was just too hot to properly cook, and you cannot go wrong with a simple salad.

Sunday

We're not the biggest fans of the Sunday Roast, so I usually cobble something together. This was turkey breast fried with red onion and green pepper with ginger and cajun spice, served on a bed of rice. I really love onion. It didn't take long to cook at all, as I did cheat and use microwavable rice, but we were hungry, and sometimes life's too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment